09 May 2016
CPSC takes home awards for best talk and best poster at ENCAPP 2016
PhD Maria Henriques de Jesus and Master’s student Marcos Hamborg Vinde took home awards for “Best talk” and “Best poster” from the ENCAPP 2016 conference in Malta.
At the recent European Networks Conference on Algal and Plant Photosynthesis in Malta, CPSC was well represented by a number of excellent researchers. Our own Artur Wlodarczyk, Agnieszka Zygadlo Nielsen, Mathias Pribil, Birger Lindberg Møller, Erick M. Ramos-Martinez and Maria Henriques de Jesus all gave talks during the conference.
Maria Henriques de Jesus, PhD in Poul Erik Jensen’s group at Copenhagen Plant Science Centre, gave a talk on the topic of “Using Tat proteins for pathway organization of light-driven biosynthesis of natural products”. She consequently received the “Best Talk” award for her presentation.
Marcos Hamborg Vinde, Master Student in Poul Erik Jensen’s group at CPSC, also left Malta with a recognition of his work. He received the award for “Best Poster”. Here he is together with two members of the poster committee: Dr. Julie Maguire from AccliPhot (left) and Phd fellow Anthony Riseley from PHOTO.COMM (middle).
A big thank you was also handed out by Poul Erik Jensen to the organizing committee for doing a great job with organizing the conference. The organizing committee consist of (from the left in the picture below):
- Martina Angeleri, University of Turku, Finland
- Anna Matuszynska, Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf, Germany
- Kristine Groth Kirkensgaard, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Antonella Succurro, Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf, Gernamy
- Fiona Moejes, Daithi O’Murchu Marine Research Station, Ireland
- Kathrin Müller, Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf, Germany (not in the picture).
- Stephanie Spelberg, Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf, Germany (not in the picture).
Thank you for now!